Frame Profile Considerations
- Jamb frame void shall be filled with TAMCOR’S special fiber or with recommended material by attenuation assembly manufacturer.
- Installation shall be done under supervision, by qualified personnel of sound attenuation assembly manufacturer, using it's published guides and procedures. The sound attenuation assembly is guaranteed only if properly installed.
- With wall widths up to 10" wide, TAMCOR recommends wrap-around frames, if not utilize maximum jamb width of 12". Frames shall be fully welded and assembled at sound attenuation assembly manufacturer plant, with spreaders for frame integrity.
- Stop shall be not less than 1”depth.
- Materials shall be: Galvanized, Woodgrain or Stainless Steel 304 with #4 finish.
- Hardware reinforcements shall be made from Galvanized or Stainless Steel. The minimum recommended is 8 gauge.
¡¡ TAMCOR IS THE BEST OF THE BEST!!
- There are three major sound attenuation assembly manufacturers in the U.S.A. KRIEGER ACOUSTICS, CALIFORNIA;INDUSTRIAL ACOUSTICS, NEW YORK; OVERLY MANUFACTURING, PENNSYLVANIA ACCORDING TO PUBLISHED LITERATURE OF THESE MANUFACTURERS
- Tam Industries Inc. Sound Attenuation Assemblies have the lowest weight / area ratio.
Sound Attenuation Assemblies Considerations
- Sound attenuation assemblies are designed to minimize acoustic waves. Sound attenuation is achieved thru the design of all the components of the assembly. Tam Industries Inc. experienced engineering staff, with specialized training at The Riverbanks Acoustical Laboratories, has over 30 years of experience in the design of these assemblies to solve specific challenging situations.
- TAMCOR's state-of-the-art sound attenuation assemblies are used at projects where different degrees of sound attenuation are required. Our products have been used on government and private projects where sound attenuation is of the essence.
- Our engineering department has designed products to comply with the requirements of different levels of Sound Transmission Coefficient (STC), from an STC of 38 to and STC of 54.
- Our novel design includes considerations such as: frame profiles, door thickness, door inner core, door hardware, gasket application and special perimeter seals.
- TAMCOR’S innovative design provides the lightest door panel available on a sound attenuation assembly. Tested at Center for Applied Engineering, Inc. , under the National Voluntary Laboratory Accreditation Program (NVLAP), our Sound Attenuation Assemblies achieved the highest STC rating possible by category.
See more information